- Professor of Economics, Toulouse School of Economics, University of Toulouse 1 Capitole
- Vice-Chair, French Economic Association (AFSE)
- 2016-2018 : Chair of Women in Economics (WinE) of the European Economic Association
- 2008-2012 : Chargée de mission Pôle de Compétitivité AESE for the University president
- 2000-2001: Associate professor at Ecole Polytechnique, Paris
- 1996-1998: Professor of Economics, University of Aix-Marseille II
- 1993-1996: Associate Professor of Economics University of Toulouse I
- 1992-1993: Post-doctorate at the University of California at Berkeley (Lavoisier fellowship)
- 1990 1992: Teaching assistant in Bachelor program at Toulouse University.
- 1996: French University “Agrégation” of Economics
- 1989 1992: Ph.D. in Economics, University of Toulouse I, Regulation of Natural Duopoly
- 1989: Master of Economy and Diploma of “Magistere d’Economiste Statisticien” (with honors)
- 1985 1988: Bachelor of Economy (with honors)
Prizes and distinctions
- 2018-2020 : Member of the Council of Economic Analysis (Conseil d’Analyse Economique)
- Prize of the Best Economics Book 2017 of the French Economics Association
- Prize of the Best Economics Book 2016 BFM business for “Pour en Finir avec les Mafias”
- Outstanding Vitae Award from TSE (OVA 2009-2011; 2011-2014; 2014-2018)
- Member of the Institut Universitaire de France (junior 2003-2008, senior 2016-2021)
- Member of the Council of the European Economic Association EEA (2010-2014)
- Member of the Executive Committee of European Union Development Network (2007-2015)
- Fellow of CESIFO, CEPR, EUDN, EEA
- Bronze medal 2003 of the CNRS (National Center for Scientific Research)
- French Bank Association Economic Prize 1996
- “Universal Intellectual Property Rights: Too much of a good thing? AURIOL Emmanuelle, Sara BIANCINI, and Rodrigo Paillacar, forthcoming at International Journal of Industrial Organization
- “Nonprofits in the field –An economic analysis of peer monitoring and sabotage”, 2018, AURIOL Emmanuelle and Stefanie BRILLON, celebrative issue for the 110 years of Annals of Public and Cooperative Economics, 89:1 pp. 157–174
- “The Explosive Combination of Religious Decentralisation and Autocracy: the Case of Islam”, AURIOL Emmanuelle and Jean-Philippe PLATTEAU, 2017, Economics of Transition, vol. 25(2), 313-350.
- “Religious Seduction in Autocracy: A Theory Inspired by History”, AURIOL Emmanuelle and Jean-Philippe PLATTEAU, 2017, Journal of Development Economics, Volume 127, July 2017, Pages 395-412.
- “An Economic Analysis of Debarment”, AURIOL Emmanuelle and Tina SOREIDE, 2017, International Review of Law and Economics, Volume 50, June 2017, Pages 36–49
- “Deterring Corruption and Cartels: In Search of a Coherent Approach”, 2017, AURIOL, Emmanuelle, Erling HJELMENG, and Tina SOREIDE, February 2017, Concurrences Review N° 1-2017, Art. N° 82670.
- “The Firm as the Locus of Social Comparisons: Implications for the Optimal Design of Promotion Systems”, 2016, AURIOL Emmanuelle, Guido FRIEBEL, Frauke VON BIEBERSTEIN, Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization, v 121, January 2016, Pages 41–59
- “Sale of Visas: a Smuggler’s Final Song?”, 2016, AURIOL Emmanuelle and Alice MESNARD, Economica, 83, 646–678
- “Public Procurement and Rent-Seeking in Paraguay’’, 2016, AURIOL Emmanuelle, STRAUB Stéphane, and FLOCHEL Thomas, World Development 77, pp. 395–407, 2016
- “Quality Signaling through Certification in developing Countries”, 2015, AURIOL Emmanuelle and Steven SCHILIZZI, Journal of Development Economics, Vol. 116 Sept. 2015, Pages 105–121
- “Powering Up Developing Countries through Economic Integration”, 2015, AURIOL Emmanuelle and Sara Biancini, 2015, World Bank Economic Review, vol. 29, n°1, p. 1-40.
- “Anti-Social Behavior in Profit and Non-Profit Organizations”, AURIOL Emmanuelle and Stefanie BRILLON, Journal of Public Economics, Volume 117, September 2014, Pages 149–161
- “A Theory of BOT Concession Contracts’’, 2013, AURIOL Emmanuelle and Pierre PICARD, Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization, vol 89, p.187-209.
Main areas of expertise
- Industrial organisation
- Development economics